The tax and investment decisions around stock compensation need to be carefully analyzed on a case-by-case basis.
Often, stock compensated employees attempt to do this analysis alone and end up with negative tax and investment results. Working together with our Experienced Team of Financial Planners and Investment Advisors positions you to make well planned and well executed decisions to get the most from your equity compensation
Cash Planning – Planning for Exercising Your Stock Options
- Establish a budget to save the funds needed to exercise options
- Generate liquidity to pay-off additional taxes that may result from grant, exercise, or vesting
- Set salary deferral targets in ESPP’s as part of an overall budget
Incentive Stock Options, Non-Qualified Stock Options, Restricted Stock, and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Review the different tax consequences of ISOs, NSOs, RSUs and ESPPs
- We develop strategies to help minimize your tax liability
- Tax Implications of Stock Compensation
Investment Planning & Education – When & How to Diversify
- Pros & cons of retaining concentrated employer stock positions vs. diversifying to a global portfolio
- Weighing the merits of your investment decisions against tax consequences
- Learning about the various investment options available to diversify concentrated stock positions
- Individual stocks & bonds
- Index funds
- Mutual funds
MWA Virtual Advisor – Automated Online Investment Advisor
An Investment Account That Grows With You
- Open Your Account Online to help manage your concentrated stock position.
- Balance Your Tolerance for Volatility with Your Need for Growth and/or Income
- Diversify Your Concentrated Stock into one of Marin Wealth Advisors’ carefully-constructed Model Portfolios
- Monitor Your Portfolio online and on your mobile device
- Automatic Re-balancing
- Utilize Tax-Loss Harvesting
- Marin Wealth Advisors will be there when you need help
- Collaborate with our team of Financial Planning & Investment Management experts as more complex issues arise.
Complimentary Stock Compensation Tax Review – ESPPs, ISOs, NSOs, & RSUs
- Gather the documents for your equity grant package
- Prepare a list of questions you want to discuss
- Contact Us for a Free 1-Hour Stock Compensation Plan Review in person, by phone, or a video-conference (Skype)
Marin Wealth Advisors LLC is not a CPA or tax preparation firm.
We work closely with our clients’ CPAs and tax professionals to provide the best possible financial planning and investment advice.